I’ve heard of one humorous example of stress being that it’s one fighting with himself to keep from beating the living crap out of someone who really deserves it, but anyway, erectile dysfunction and stress are two lousy things in which the latter causes the other.
Stress is the body’s reaction to a challenge. Here’s the thing though, challenges can be good or bad. One GOOD stressful event could be winning the lottery, suddenly finding yourself financially well off. A BAD stressful event could be the death of an immediate loved one.
To try to put this in simple terms the human body needs equilibrium or a balance of feelings or emotions to stay healthy. When you have too many of one or the other it disrupts this balance leading to trouble. So if you have too much stress, the body begins to break down leading to problems, one problem being male erectile dysfunction.
To help cope with erectile dysfunction and stress:
- Ask others to help or assist you.
- Take responsibility for the situation.
- Engage in problem solving.
- Express distressing emotions. Be assertive instead of aggressive. “Assert” your feelings, opinions, or beliefs instead of becoming angry, combative, or passive.
- Maintain emotionally supportive relationships.
- Maintain emotional composure.
- Directly attempt to change or eliminate the source of stress.
- Distance yourself from the source of stress, if possible.
- Learn to relax.
- Eat and drink sensibly.
- Stop smoking or other bad habits.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy sense of self-esteem.
Do this and you can overcome ED. Like an old saying of mine, “There’s more than one way to skin a cat.”